A motion regarding membership and fees was approved by members at the Annual General Meeting. on May 25th. Changes to our membership system are effective from that date. The fee structure for membership emerged from recommendations to assist SCOA resolve its financial concerns, particularly to help the organization overcome the Saskatoon Health Region’s withdrawal of $75,000 of grants to support core operations.
SCOA Membership Fee System effective May 25, 2017
- Individual Full Member: $25
- Individual Associate Member: No fee
- NEW – Family/Couple Full Membership: $35
- Non-profit Organization Member: $25
- Corporate Member: $250
Individual Full Members and Individual Associate Members receive discounts:
- With the exception of the Individual Associate Members, all other members shall have the right to vote at any general meetings and the Annual General Meeting of SCOA and are eligible to be a member of the Board of Directors.
- An exemption from paying an Individual Full Member fee is granted to anyone 90 years of age or older.
- The membership period runs from April 1 to March 31.
- Renewals are to be effective April 1 of each year.
- No membership cards are to be issued but membership is recorded by SCOA.
- No charitable donation receipts are to be given for a membership fee.
- Volunteer time will not be counted as a way to obtain Individual Full Membership without paying the required fee.
NEW: Full members also receive 10% discounts on select courses and programs and early bird registration with the Saskatoon Council on Aging.
Payment Methods: Full Member, Corporate Member or Organization Member only
- Mail membership form – SCOA Membership – 2018 and fee (if applicable) to:
Saskatoon Council on Aging (Saskatoon Field House)
2020 College Drive, Saskatoon, SK S7N 2W4
2. Pay with credit card– visit the SCOA office or phone (306) 652-2255.