The following events have been cancelled:
– Mayfair Seniors Neighbourhood Hub Club – April 16
– Mayfair Seniors Neighbourhood Hub Club – May 21
– Seniors Hub Club at St. Martin’s – April 21
– Seniors Hub Club at St. Martin’s – May 19
– Eastview Seniors Neighbourhood Hub Club – April 28
– Silverwood Seniors Neighbourhood Hub Club – April event cancelled, May 12 Wind Up event cancelled
– SCOA Globe Walk event – April 23 [Annual Outdoor Walk or rescheduled Tai Chi event]
– SCOA Globe Walk Celebration Luncheon – May 12
– Bird Identification Class – April 29, May 6, 13
–Spotlight on Seniors– October 6, 2020
All those registered for postponed events e.g. Grand Old Opry Zoomer Style, Caregiver Forum or directly impacted by the changes will be contacted.
Our office is currently closed to the public. To ensure safety with respect to COVID-19, staff will work remotely. We will be available by phone, email or social media for inquiries or referrals.
As older adults have a higher risk of getting very ill after exposure to COVID-19, the Saskatoon Council on Aging [SCOA] is very concerned about this situation.
• The safety of older adults and the community is paramount – SCOA wants to play our part to help flatten the curve for our healthcare system.
• We are cancelling and postponing our social events to ensure that older adults stay safe and also to ensure safety of the community.
• We are also communicating with our membership about basic precautions to take such as hand washing, social distancing et cetera to slow the spread of the virus and also where they can go for more information.
• We urge everyone in the community to stay updated and follow the precautions outlined by the Province of Saskatchewan and Government of Canada
Please watch our website http://www.scoa.ca or call our office 652-2255 for further updates.