Saskatoon Transit is exploring new ways in which to promote sustainable alternatives to car use and to support friendly forms of transportation such as walking, cycling, ride sharing, and public transit. There is huge potential in this area for older adults, new Canadians, students, and any individuals new to transit to become more active in multi-modal transportation. Saskatoon Transit is leading this kind of change. This summer there will be several opportunities for you to test drive transit and Experience Transit as a 1st or 2nd time rider.
People new to transit are faced with challenges as they consider a change in their mode of transportation. These may include: having a support system to find a new way of being independent and mobile, understanding bus routes, fears and anxiety, and adapting to a new mode of travel. Experience Transit is a first step – positive experience that will help you overcome these initial challenges of travelling on transit.
Who can benefit from this travel training experience
- Older adults and their families
- Those already using transit but lacking confidence or having some anxiety about transit
- Those with a physical and/or cognitive disability
- Those with a mobility aide (ie: walker, wheelchair)
- Those who would like to learn about public transit but who are still capable of driving
- Those who are new to Saskatoon or have never tried transit before
- Those who have English as a second language
Details about Experience Saskatoon Transit
- In partnership with different Saskatoon community organizations, Saskatoon Transit will be offering 2 hour Experience Transit sessions this summer
- In this 2 hour travel training session you will be introduced to Saskatoon Transit staff, learn about bus fares, how to board and disembark a bus, travel on a transit route, and participate in a lively “Transit 101” discussion. Each session is limited to 6 persons per group and availability is on a first-come basis. The size of each group, duration of session and start/end times may vary.
- Available Dates & Time:
Wed., June 20, 2018 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) Thurs. June 21, 2018 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Wed., July 18, 2018 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) Thurs., July 19, 2018 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Wed., Aug. 15, 2018 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) Thurs., Aug. 16, 2018 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Wed., Sept. 19, 2018 (10:00 pm – 12:00 pm) Thurs., Sept. 20, 2018 (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
To request an application form to register a spot for yourself or a group (4-6) for one of these dates, or for more information about Experience Transit, please contact one of the following:
Customer Support & Engagement Manager Customer Service Center
Saskatoon Transit Saskatoon Transit
Tel. 306.975.2990 cell 306.380.7100 Tel. 306.975.3100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com