Want To Make A Difference?
Prairie Hospice Society has volunteer opportunities in Saskatoon for individuals interested in supporting palliative clients in their own homes. Volunteers provide free, non-medical Hospice Without Walls service a few hours a week – including companionship, outings, or respite care.
Candidates will attend training sessions scheduled for Nov. 15,16,22,23. For this intake we are seeking volunteers who have availability during the day on weekdays. Deadline for applications – October 25, 2019.
Volunteer with the Saskatoon Council on Aging: New Opportunities!
Silverwood Heights Community Association is looking for a volunteer newsletter coordinator as soon as possible. The time commitment is moderate and only during newsletter publication times. We have three newsletters per year (winter, spring and fall); two are done electronically through MailChimp. One (fall) is our only printed format and can be created with Adobe Illustrator (professional training can be provided), Microsoft Word, or your software of choice. If you do not have the software we can purchase it for you.
- Assemble information for each newsletter by contacting appropriate persons.
- Speak with potential advertisers and arrange for sale of advertising space.
- Type and arrange three newsletters (one printed, 2 electronic via MailChimp).
- Arrange and ensure distribution of newsletters to the community.
- Provide Treasurer with information regarding costs.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Attendance and short report (submitted before meeting) at (most) monthly meetings (Sept – June).
- Term of office: 2 years
- Word processing; fluent computer skills desirable; organization; written communication proficiency (not all content needs to be written by you – you can ask for articles to be submitted); artistic abilities; eye for detail
Orientation, Training, and Benefits:
- Volunteer Conference provided by the City of Saskatoon Community Services Department.
- City of Saskatoon Community Consultant may assist with orientation. Previous newsletter coordinator will train.
- Volunteer Appreciation and recognition by the City of Saskatoon.
- One FREE SHCA programming class per term (Fall, Winter, Summer, Spring) for you OR an immediate family member
- Making new connections and possible friendships within the SHCA board
- Enjoy the countless intrinsic benefits to volunteering for your community – make a real difference!